From Mahara Wiki
まず、忘れずに http://langpacks.mahara.org で既存の言語パックを確認してください - すでにあなたが必要な言語に翻訳されている場合もあります!
Launchpad翻訳 Launchpad translations
あなたが翻訳されている中の1つをサポートしたい場合、最初に翻訳チーム一覧をご確認ください。If you would like to help with one of these translations, first have a look at the list of translation teams. If your language has a team appointed in this list, you will need to join the appropriate team for your language before you can help with the translation.
If you would like to start a new translation, or if your language doesn't have an appointed team, you can help with the translation as soon as you have created an account on Launchpad.
新しい翻訳の始め方 How to start a new translation
If your language doesn't appear in the list of Mahara Translation status by language (Click 'View all languages' to see all available languages), you can start a new Mahara translation for your language. Here is a quick instruction.
- Create an account on Launchpad if you don't have one.
- If there is a Mahara translation team responsible to your language, please join this team. Otherwise, please contact an administrator of the Mahara translators. Alternatively, you can join the translation team for your language in general.
- Once you are in a Mahara translation team, you can start to translate or review existing strings on Launchpad.
- Once you are ready to test your translation (it does not have to be complete), please contact us to have your translation added to the official list at http://langpacks.mahara.org.
- You can continue to update your translation on Launchpad. Your tar ball in Mahara format will be automatically generated and stored at http://langpacks.mahara.org when changes are detected (usually once per day depending on Launchpad).
- There are some essential language configuration settings stored as lang strings in langconfig.php:
- thislanguage: (Required) The name of the language, in the language. This is the string shown to users in the language selection menu.
- locales (Required): A list of computer locale names for the language, in order of preference. For example: "en_US.utf8,en_GB.utf8,en,english-us,english-uk,english"
- parentlanguage: (Optional) If this is supplied, then if a string is not yet translated in the langpack, Mahara will attempt to use a string from the specified parent language instead. (If the parent language doesn't have it either, it will fall back to English.)
For more information please read the Launchpad help page.
Gitベースの翻訳 Git-based translations
A couple of translations (currently just Czech and English(US)) are not maintained on Launchpad yet. For information about the older translation process, see the documentation on Translation Tools. For moving existing translations from the old process to the new process, see the instructions on migrating language packs from gitorious to launchpad.
If you are in charge of an official translation administrator, you can follow the instructions for add new tar ball language pack to launchpad