From Mahara Wiki
< CustomisingRevision as of 16:29, 4 November 2019 by Anitsirk
A Mahara theme is a set of Smarty templates, css stylesheets, images, and a very simple configuration file. Each theme is installed in a subdirectory under
htdocs/theme, but because of Mahara's plugin architecture, some template files for a theme may also be found inside plugin directories rather than under
Mahara themes support inheritance from "parent" themes. If a theme specifies a parent, then it only needs to override things that are not defined by the parent theme. This means that you can often create a theme just by writing a new CSS file, and maybe overriding some images. Copying all of the templates is not required.
These pages are for long-obsolete Mahara versions, and are kept around for historical reasons only.
- Mahara Themes - 17.04 and up
- Mahara Themes - 15.10 and up
- Mahara Themes - 1.10 and up
- Mahara 1.8 Theming guide (Somewhat applicable up to 15.04)
- Mahara 1.8 Icons guide (Somewhat applicable up to 15.04)
- Mahara Themes - 1.2 to 1.9 (Obsolete)
- Mahara 1.1 Themes (Obsolete)
- Migrating themes from 1.1 to 1.2 (Obsolete)
- Mahara 1.3 Themes for Institutions (Obsolete)
- Differences between Smarty and Dwoo (Obsolete)