From Mahara Wiki
Revision as of 18:57, 24 May 2011 by Melissadraper
Here is a bunch of developer documentation for Mahara, including design, policy and specific feature documents.
This is for people who want to understand how Mahara works, or want to develop new code or plugins for Mahara. If you want to customise your Mahara - e.g. change the language/theme, or simply install plugins, check out the Customising section.
- Mahara Architecture Introduction - this series of articles explains how Mahara fits together, where it's pluggable and why it's written the way it is.
- Plugins - (soon to be) your one-stop-shop for information about developing plugins for Mahara
- Language Packs - how to write a language pack for Mahara, and how to contribute it back
- You can subscribe to the master branch on Launchpad to receive an email everytime a commit is made. There is also an RSS feed of commits if you prefer to receive information that way.
- #mahara-dev on freenode (irc.freenode.org) is an IRC channel where the core developers discuss the development of Mahara. This channel is not for support of Mahara (use #mahara instead), but you can lurk and listen in on developer conversations - and even hear about the latest new features as they're added ;)