Developer Area/Developer Meetings/31
From Mahara Wiki
< Developer Area | Developer MeetingsRevision as of 19:13, 13 March 2014 by Anzeljg
Agenda for the 31st Mahara developer meeting on Thursday, 27 March 2014 at 8:00 UTC
The developer meetings are held on IRC in the #mahara-dev channel. An IRC bot will be used to take minutes of these meetings and agendas made available on these pages before-hand.
If you don't have an IRC client, you can join us using your web browser.
Chair: Kristina Hoeppner
- Items from last meeting
- Whitespace changes in patches (kabalin)
- Usability (anzeljg)
- Adding images from Mahara to Journal posts
- Multilinguality of Mahara
- Finding or searching for pages shared with me (if there are thousands of those pages and posiblly a lot of pages have the same title)
- Copying of Textboxes should create real copies not only linked texboxes
- Display name on publically available pages (or don't show name at all - don't show 'by' at all)
- Better tag support:
- On the blocktype level: For example, when adding images it would be nice if user could select tag and all images that contain that tag they would be displayed (added to page) or the user would have the possibility to choose among taged ones, which of them to add to page
- On the page level: When creating new page, if user could select existing tag, all the artefacts (matching blocktypes) that contain that tag would be randomly (or in some order) added to the page. Then the user would rearrange them or delete them.
- Textboxes and attached images: if user adds an image and want to embed that image into a textbox content he/she is unable to do so.
- Is it possible for user to share his/her journal or journal entries with a group and then have a blocktype to show those shared journal entries (or only recent shared journal entries) of all memebers of the group on one group page? Or is it better to think about group journals?
- Creating groups:
- There are a lot of settings even for experienced users? Is it possible to give users some simple group definition on buttons (e.g. Create closed group, Create open group, Create semi-open group, etc.). Upon clicking the button relevannt check boxes would be already ticked or un-ticked...
- Creating groups without e.g. group pages, group files, etc. Sometimes those are not needed (especially with younger students).
- Members of the group should be listed as admin (first), tutors (second) and members (last). Currently tutors and members are mixed up...
- Next meeting and chair
- Any other business