Actions

Difference between revisions of "Developer Area/Developer Meetings/74"

From Mahara Wiki

< Developer Area‎ | Developer Meetings
(Items from last meeting)
 
Line 82: Line 82:
 
===== '''Actions''' =====
 
===== '''Actions''' =====
 
<ul>
 
<ul>
<li>'''Peter''' Considered using docker with selenium to run behat tests. He will look into it</li>
+
<li>'''Peter''' Considered using docker with selenium to run Behat tests. He will look into it</li>
 
</ul>
 
</ul>
  

Latest revision as of 10:13, 29 August 2019

Agenda for the 74th Mahara developer meeting on Wednesday, 28 August 2019, 7:00 UTC

We will meet using Meet.Catalyst (a Catalyst staff member will initiate the call).

Our #mahara-dev channel on Freenode IRC will be our backup or in case there are problems with the web conferencing tool and we'll need to chat to resolve it. If you don't have an IRC client, you can join us using your web browser.


  • Chair: Rebecca Blundell
  • Minute taker: Cecilia Vela Gurovic

Agenda

  1. Items from last meeting
    • Gregor to create bug report around the issue he encountered exporting users from one instance and importing them into another
    • Peter to submit the changes for core changes to support sending of Mahara notifications to Moodle.
    • Kristina to follow up dev meeting forum post about audio / video recordings.
    • Robert to post about PHP and database version discussion in the developer forum to engage other developers who were not present in the meeting.
  2. Tobias to talk about the docker progress. Also see here for a first project documentation
  3. Progress on Mahara 19.10 (Kristina)
  4. Your agenda item
  5. Next meeting and chair
  6. Any other business

Attendees

  • Rebecca Blundell, Catalyst IT, Wellington, New Zealand (Chair)
  • Kristina Hoeppner, Catalyst IT, Wellington, New Zealand
  • Robert Lyon, Catalyst IT, Wellington, New Zealand
  • Cecilia Vela, Catalyst IT, Wellington, New Zealand (minute taker)
  • Tobias Zeuch, Karlsruhe, Germany
  • Peter Spicer, Catalyst IT Europe, Brighton, UK

Items from last meeting

  • Gregor to create bug report around the issue he encountered exporting users from one instance and importing them into another.
    Gregor could not be in the meeting, this item should be part of the agenda of the next meeting
  • Peter to submit the changes for core changes to support sending of Mahara notifications to Moodle.
    The changes were submitted and were approved. They have been merged on master and will be in next Mahara release 19.10
  • Kristina to follow up dev meeting forum post about audio / video recordings.
    A post was made on mahara.org forum. There have been no replies by the community so far
  • Robert to post about PHP and database version discussion in the developer forum to engage other developers who were not present in the meeting.
    will need to be added in the agenda for next meeting
  • Tobias to talk about the docker progress.
    Also see here for a first project documentation
  • Progress on Mahara 19.10 (Kristina)

Audio recordings of the meetings

Notes
  • If we are posting the recordings online, we should ask for the consent of the attendees.
  • Recordings are good to double check details or to see what the minute taker might have missed
  • Even if we have the recordings available online, the minutes are still needed as a summary to easily check what was discussed
Ideas
  • If the audio is available online, it could be posted to a group in mahara.org. The file might need to be optimized to reduce the size
Actions
  • Robert to look into the process of posting the audios online

Docker images for developers

Notes
  • We would prefer docker over VMs because the images are smaller
Ideas
  • Having many docker containers in a repository for different configurations (DB, php versions, etc)
  • This is a possible job for the next Mahara intern. Including the documentation for it
Actions
  • Peter Considered using docker with selenium to run Behat tests. He will look into it

Progress of 19.10

Notes
  • We are in the stage of finishing bigger issues and testing including all the edge cases.
  • Features we're working on that haven't been merged on master yet:
    1. Gridstack layout (Cecilia)
    2. Comments and details modal in a page (Lisa)
    3. Removing elastic search triggers (Robert)
    4. Portfolio access moderation by institutions (Gregor)
    5. Plan and submissions plugins extension of Mahara (Alexander)
  • Will need to be finished in three weeks maximum for the release candidate
  • New gridstack layout will have significant changes in the way the blocks are handled and displayed
Actions
  • Peter to test the trigger patches