Actions

Difference between revisions of "Developer Area/Developer Meetings/77"

From Mahara Wiki

< Developer Area‎ | Developer Meetings
(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)
Line 9: Line 9:
  
 
=Agenda=
 
=Agenda=
 
 
<ol>
 
<ol>
<li>Items from the last meeting
+
    <li>Items from the last meeting</li>
<ul>
+
    <ul>
<li> '''Catalyst''' looking at possibilities of posting audio recordings of meetings online</li>
+
        <li> '''Catalyst''' looking at possibilities of posting audio recordings of meetings online</li>
<li> '''Peter''' using Docker with Selenium to run Behat tests</li>
+
        <li> '''Peter''' using Docker with Selenium to run Behat tests</li>
<li> '''Peter''' testing of trigger patches</li>
+
        <li> '''Peter''' testing of trigger patches</li>
<li> '''Guillaume''': Share plugin documentation with the Catalyst team for review. Best to send it to [mailto:[email protected] [email protected]].</li>
+
        <li> '''Guillaume''': Share plugin documentation with the Catalyst team for review. Best to send it to [mailto:[email protected] [email protected]].</li>
<li> '''Kristina''': Ask Cecilia what happens during export when page hasn't been converted yet</li>
+
        <li> '''Kristina''': Ask Cecilia what happens during export when page hasn't been converted yet</li>
</ul>
+
    </ul>
<li> '''Mahara 20.04 progress'''</li>
+
        <li> '''Mahara 20.04 progress'''</li>
<li> Next meeting and chair</li>
+
        <li> Next meeting and chair</li>
<li> Any other business</li>
+
        <li> Any other business</li>
 
</ol>
 
</ol>
  
 
=Minutes=
 
=Minutes=
==Attendees==
+
<ol>
<ul>
+
    <li><h5><u>Attendees</u></h5></li>
<li>Ghada El-Zoghbi from Catalyst IT Australia in Sydney</li>
+
    <ul>
<li>Rebecca Blundell from Catalyst IT in Wellington</li>
+
        <li>Cecilia Vela Gurovic from Catalyst IT in Wellington(meeting chair)</li>
<li>Robert Lyon from Catalyst IT in Wellington</li>
+
        <li>Doris Tam from Catalyst IT in Wellington (minute taker)</li>
<li>Cecilia Vela Gurovic from Catalyst IT in Wellington(meeting chair)</li>
+
        <li>Ghada El-Zoghbi from Catalyst IT Australia in Sydney</li>
<li>Gregor Anzelj, Computer Science teacher, Mahara community member working on isolated institutions and portfolio moderation, Slovenia, Europe</li>
+
        <li>Gregor Anzelj, Computer Science teacher, Mahara community member working on isolated institutions and portfolio moderation, Slovenia, Europe</li>
<li>Guillaume Nerzic, developer translator</li>
+
        <li>Guillaume Nerzic, independent (HSBC) contribute plugins to Catalyst</li>
<li>Doris Tam from Catalyst IT in Wellington (minute taker)</li>
+
        <li>Kristina from Catalyst IT in Wellington</li>
</ul>
+
        <li>Rebecca Blundell from Catalyst IT in Wellington</li>
 
+
        <li>Robert Lyon from Catalyst IT in Wellington</li>
==Topics==
+
    </ul>
===Guillaume: Share plugin documentation===
+
</ol>
Generation of a lot of design documentation for creating plugins that could be submitted into the Mahara community. Might put something into Mahara.org. Commented that the first bit of Mahara was alright to understand but then had to unpick and would have appreciated more support documentation.
 
 
 
===Gregor: Documentation for writing 3rd party plugins===
 
Started writing documentation for writing 3rd party plugins.
 
<ul>
 
  <li>TODO: Review Guillaume's design documentation</li>
 
</ul>
 
  
 +
<ol>
 +
    <!-- Recording meetings -->
 +
    <li>
 +
        <h5><u>Catalyst looking at possibilities of posting audio recordings of meetings online</u></h5>
 +
        <i>Pushed to next meeting (awaiting Bob's feedback)</i>
 +
    </li>
  
===Cecilia's Gridstack: exports and imports ===
+
    <!-- Peter's items -->
Mahara keeps the old layout when exporting  page that didn't use Gridstack. Upon importing that export, it will be installed and convert to work with Gridstck.
+
    <li>
 +
        <h5><u>Testing of trigger patches</u><i>Pushed to next meeting (awaiting Peter)</i></h5>
  
===Mahara 20.04 progress===
+
    </li>
Roadmap - https://wiki.mahara.org/wiki/Roadmap/Mahara_20.04_specific_items
 
  
<h4>Five areas in 20.04</h4>  
+
    <!-- plugin documentation -->
<ul>
+
    <li>
  <li>Usability improvements</li>
+
        <h5><u>Share plugin documentation with the Catalyst team for review (Guillaume)</u></h5>
 +
        <ul>
 +
            <li>There is a wiki for a dedicated highlight plugin.</li>
 +
            <li>
 +
                <b>Background</b>: He developed a plugin as part of a masters project completed for the University of Birkbeck. London. As part of the project, a lot of design documentation was generated to do plugin development and how it fits into the framework of Mahara.
 +
                <li>Would like to submit this generated documentation to the Mahara community</li>
 +
            </li>
 +
            <li>Generation of a lot of design documentation for creating plugins that could be submitted into the Mahara community. Might put something into Mahara.org.</li>
 +
            <li>Commented that the first bit of Mahara was alright to understand but then had to unpick and would have appreciated more support documentation.</li>
 +
        </ul>
 +
    </li>
 +
    <li><h5><u>Documentation for writing 3rd party plugins(Gregor)</u></h5></li>
 
     <ul>
 
     <ul>
      <li>Language Switcher</li>
+
        <li>Started writing documentation for writing 3rd party plugins.</li>
      <li>Group labelling for sorting -SWITCH (in testing stage)</li>
+
        <li><u>TODO: </u>Catalyst to review Guillaume's design documentation.</li>
      <li>SmartEvidence</li>
 
 
     </ul>
 
     </ul>
  <li>Tech update</li>
+
 
 +
    <!-- Gridstack -->
 +
    <li><h5><u>Gridstack: exports and imports (Cecilia)</u></h5></li>
 
     <ul>
 
     <ul>
      <li>Updating/switching libraries appropriately, keeping up to date</li>
+
        <li>Mahara keeps the old layout when exporting  page that didn't use Gridstack.</li>
      <li>End support for IE 11</li>
+
        <li>Upon importing that export, it will be installed and convert to work with Gridstck.</li>
      <li>Mahara Mobile</li>
 
      <li>20.04 + feature parity</li>
 
      <li>Library updates: Gulp, PHP 7.3 -> 7.4 (Rebecca), MySQL</li>
 
      <li>Evonne is working to consolidate elements to improve consistency in styling</li>
 
      <li>Improving accessibility</li>
 
 
     </ul>
 
     </ul>
  <li>New features (including usability):</li>
+
 
 +
    <!-- 20.04 progress -->
 +
    <li>
 +
        <h5>
 +
            <u>Mahara 20.04 progress (Kristina)</u>
 +
            <i>Roadmap-[https://wiki.mahara.org/wiki/Roadmap/Mahara_20.04_specific_items]</i>
 +
        </h5>
 +
    </li>
 
     <ul>
 
     <ul>
      <li>SAML improvements (auto-assign roles based on IDP, auto-setup of an institution on IDP login</li>
+
        <li>Usability improvements</li>
      <li>Default login for auto admin on Mahara site</li>
+
        <ul>
      <li>PDF exports: comine all exports into one</li>
+
            <li>Language Switcher</li>
 +
            <li>Group labelling for sorting -SWITCH (in testing stage)</li>
 +
            <li>SmartEvidence</li>
 +
        </ul>
 +
 
 +
        <li>Tech update</li>
 +
        <ul>
 +
            <li>Updating/switching libraries appropriately, keeping up to date</li>
 +
            <li>End support for IE 11</li>
 +
            <li>Mahara Mobile</li>
 +
            <li>20.04 + feature parity</li>
 +
            <li>Library updates: Gulp, PHP 7.3 -> 7.4 (Rebecca), MySQL</li>
 +
            <li>Evonne is working to consolidate elements to improve consistency in styling</li>
 +
            <li>Improving accessibility</li>
 +
        </ul>
 +
 
 +
        <li>New features (including usability):</li>
 +
        <ul>
 +
            <li>SAML improvements (auto-assign roles based on IDP, auto-setup of an institution on IDP login</li>
 +
            <li>Default login for auto admin on Mahara site</li>
 +
            <li>PDF exports: comine all exports into one</li>
 +
        </ul>
 +
 
 +
        <li>Issue resolution</li>
 +
 
 +
        <li>Infrastructure updates - some already processed:  </li>
 +
        <ul>
 +
            <li>Proof of concept for testing in the cloud (Aatharsh, Mahara intern)that allows testers to get set up quickly. </li>
 +
            <li>Manual updated to Python 3 to generate manual files.</li>
 +
            <li>Improvement in the running of Behat in Jenkins to run the entire suite only overnight and process parts of it for more quick and efficient testing</li>
 +
        </ul>
 
     </ul>
 
     </ul>
  <li>Issue resolution</li>
 
  <li>Infrastructure updates - some already processed:  </li>
 
  <ul>
 
    <li>Proof of concept for testing in the cloud (Aatharsh, Mahara intern)that allows testers to get set up quickly. </li>
 
    <li>Manual updated to Python 3 to generate manual files.</li>
 
    <li>Improvement in the running of Behat in Jenkins to run the entire suite only overnight and process parts of it for more quick and efficient testing</li>
 
  </ul>
 
</ul>
 
  
===Kristina's mega patch: Changing 'Users' ->'People': ===
+
    <!-- Users to People -->
Translators: translations may not always be needed as the word doesn't have the same connotations in other languages than English.
+
    <li>
 +
        <h5><u>Changing 'Users' ->'People'(Kristina)</u></h5>Translators: translations may not always be needed as the word doesn't have the same connotations in other languages than English.
 +
    </li>
 +
</ol>
 +
 
 +
<h4>Action items</h4>

Revision as of 16:32, 13 February 2020

Agenda for the 77th Mahara developer meeting on Wednesday. 29 January 2019, 7:30 UTC

We will meet using Meet.Catalyst (a Catalyst staff member will initiate the call).

Our #mahara-dev channel on Freenode IRC will be our backup or in case there are problems with the web conferencing tool and we'll need to chat to resolve it. If you don't have an IRC client, you can join us using your web browser.

  • Chair: Cecilia Vela
  • Minute taker: Doris Tam

Agenda

  1. Items from the last meeting
    • Catalyst looking at possibilities of posting audio recordings of meetings online
    • Peter using Docker with Selenium to run Behat tests
    • Peter testing of trigger patches
    • Guillaume: Share plugin documentation with the Catalyst team for review. Best to send it to [email protected].
    • Kristina: Ask Cecilia what happens during export when page hasn't been converted yet
  2. Mahara 20.04 progress
  3. Next meeting and chair
  4. Any other business

Minutes

  1. Attendees
    • Cecilia Vela Gurovic from Catalyst IT in Wellington(meeting chair)
    • Doris Tam from Catalyst IT in Wellington (minute taker)
    • Ghada El-Zoghbi from Catalyst IT Australia in Sydney
    • Gregor Anzelj, Computer Science teacher, Mahara community member working on isolated institutions and portfolio moderation, Slovenia, Europe
    • Guillaume Nerzic, independent (HSBC) contribute plugins to Catalyst
    • Kristina from Catalyst IT in Wellington
    • Rebecca Blundell from Catalyst IT in Wellington
    • Robert Lyon from Catalyst IT in Wellington
  1. Catalyst looking at possibilities of posting audio recordings of meetings online
           Pushed to next meeting (awaiting Bob's feedback)
    
  2. Testing of trigger patchesPushed to next meeting (awaiting Peter)
  3. Share plugin documentation with the Catalyst team for review (Guillaume)
    • There is a wiki for a dedicated highlight plugin.
    • Background: He developed a plugin as part of a masters project completed for the University of Birkbeck. London. As part of the project, a lot of design documentation was generated to do plugin development and how it fits into the framework of Mahara.
    • Would like to submit this generated documentation to the Mahara community
    • Generation of a lot of design documentation for creating plugins that could be submitted into the Mahara community. Might put something into Mahara.org.
    • Commented that the first bit of Mahara was alright to understand but then had to unpick and would have appreciated more support documentation.
  4. Documentation for writing 3rd party plugins(Gregor)
    • Started writing documentation for writing 3rd party plugins.
    • TODO: Catalyst to review Guillaume's design documentation.
  5. Gridstack: exports and imports (Cecilia)
    • Mahara keeps the old layout when exporting page that didn't use Gridstack.
    • Upon importing that export, it will be installed and convert to work with Gridstck.
  6. Mahara 20.04 progress (Kristina) Roadmap-[1]
    • Usability improvements
      • Language Switcher
      • Group labelling for sorting -SWITCH (in testing stage)
      • SmartEvidence
    • Tech update
      • Updating/switching libraries appropriately, keeping up to date
      • End support for IE 11
      • Mahara Mobile
      • 20.04 + feature parity
      • Library updates: Gulp, PHP 7.3 -> 7.4 (Rebecca), MySQL
      • Evonne is working to consolidate elements to improve consistency in styling
      • Improving accessibility
    • New features (including usability):
      • SAML improvements (auto-assign roles based on IDP, auto-setup of an institution on IDP login
      • Default login for auto admin on Mahara site
      • PDF exports: comine all exports into one
    • Issue resolution
    • Infrastructure updates - some already processed:
      • Proof of concept for testing in the cloud (Aatharsh, Mahara intern)that allows testers to get set up quickly.
      • Manual updated to Python 3 to generate manual files.
      • Improvement in the running of Behat in Jenkins to run the entire suite only overnight and process parts of it for more quick and efficient testing
  7. Changing 'Users' ->'People'(Kristina)
    Translators: translations may not always be needed as the word doesn't have the same connotations in other languages than English.

Action items