Developer Area/Developer Meetings/77
From Mahara Wiki
< Developer Area | Developer MeetingsRevision as of 11:55, 1 February 2020 by Doristam
Agenda for the 77th Mahara developer meeting on Wednesday. 29 January 2019, 7:30 UTC
We will meet using Meet.Catalyst (a Catalyst staff member will initiate the call).
Our #mahara-dev channel on Freenode IRC will be our backup or in case there are problems with the web conferencing tool and we'll need to chat to resolve it. If you don't have an IRC client, you can join us using your web browser.
- Chair: Cecilia Vela
- Minute taker: Doris Tam
- 1 Agenda
- 2 Minutes
- Items from the last meeting
- Catalyst looking at possibilities of posting audio recordings of meetings online
- Peter using Docker with Selenium to run Behat tests
- Peter testing of trigger patches
- Guillaume: Share plugin documentation with the Catalyst team for review. Best to send it to [email protected].
- Kristina: Ask Cecilia what happens during export when page hasn't been converted yet
- Mahara 20.04 progress
- Your item here!
- Next meeting and chair
- Any other business
- Ghada El-Zoghbi from Catalyst IT Australia in Sydney
- Rebecca Blundell from Catalyst IT in Wellington
- Robert Lyon from Catalyst IT in Wellington
- Cecilia Vela Gurovic from Catalyst IT in Wellington(meeting chair)
- Gregor Anzelj, Computer Science teacher, Mahara community member working on isolated institutions and portfolio moderation, Slovenia, Europe
- Guillaume Nerzic, developer translator
- Doris Tam from Catalyst IT in Wellington (minute taker)
Generation of a lot of design documentation for creating plugins that could be submitted into the Mahara community. Might put something into Mahara.org. Commented that the first bit of Mahara was alright to understand but then had to unpick and would have appreciated more support documentation.
Gregor: Documentation for writing 3rd party plugins
Started writing documentation for writing 3rd party plugins.
- TODO: Review Guillaume's design documentation
Cecilia's Gridstack: exports and imports
Mahara keeps the old layout when exporting page that didn't use Gridstack. Upon importing that export, it will be installed and convert to work with Gridstck.
Mahara 20.04 progress
Five areas in 20.04
- USABILITY IMPROVEMENTS
- Language Switcher
- Group labelling for sorting -SWITCH (in testing stage)
- Smart evidence
- TECH UPDATE
- Updating/switching libraries appropriately, keeping up to date
- End support for IE 11
- Mahara Mobile
- 20.04 + feature parity
- Library updates: Gulp, PHP 7.3 -> 7.4 (Rebecca), MySQL
- Evonne is working to consolidate elements to improve consistency in styling
- Improving accessibility
- NEW FEATURES (including usability):
- SAML improvements (auto-assign roles based on IDP, auto-setup of an institution on IDP login
- Default login for auto admin on Mahara site
- PDF exports: comine all exports into one
- ISSUE RESOLUTION
- INFRASTRUCTURE UPDATES - some already processed:
- Proof of concept for testing in the cloud (Aatharsh, Mahara intern)that allows testers to get set up quickly.
- Manual updated to Python 3 to generate manual files.
- Improvement in the running of Behat in Jenkins to run the entire suite only overnight and process parts of it for more quick and efficient testing
Kristina's MEGA patch: Changing 'Users' ->'People':
- Translators: translations may not always be needed as the word doesn't have the same connotations in other languages than English.