Developer Area/Developer Meetings/82
From Mahara Wiki
< Developer Area | Developer MeetingsRevision as of 18:37, 15 November 2020 by Anitsirk
Agenda for the 82nd Mahara developer meeting on Tuesday, 3 November 2020 at 7:30 UTC
We will meet using Big Blue Button (Kristina will initiate the call).
Our #mahara-dev channel on Freenode IRC will be our backup or in case there are problems with the web conferencing tool and we'll need to chat to resolve it. If you don't have an IRC client, you can join us using your web browser.
- Chair: Robert Lyon
- Minute taker: Kristina Hoeppner
- Items from the last meeting: Résumé block continuation
- Mahara 20.10 release
- Plans for Mahara 21.04
- Next meeting and Chair
- Chair: Robert Lyon, Catalyst IT, Wellington, New Zealand
- Minute taker: Kristina Hoeppner, Catalyst IT, Wellington, New Zealand
- Ghada El-Zoghbi, Catalyst IT, Sydney, Australia
- Guillaume Nerzic, UK
- Russel Boyatt, University of Warwick, UK (partially)
No time yet to look into the following:
- Cecilia to review Dwoo and see what we want to swap to after the 20.10 release
- Someone to review jQueru UI / touchpunch to see if core jQuery syntax can do the things we need (jQuery itself will stay in Mahara, it is a jQuery plugin that would be investigated for removal)
- Composer upgrade is now 2.0 and is causing problems because compiling doesn't work. A patch is available until SimplePHP has released the change.
- Ghada also had issue with CSS in her VM that is not Docker.
Mahara 20.10 release
- Released on 22 October 2020. Take a look at the release notes.
- Assessment and integration
- More variables in CSS, no more em and px but rem
- Heading levels are now consistent: H1-H3 for Mahara infrastructure, H4-H6 for content created by account holders
- Maroon theme
- Mahara assignment submission plugin for Moodle via web services (LTI for authentication).
- Docker (proof of concept) is now available in Mahara core. The Readme file provides additional information. Only works on Mahara 20.10 and higher.
- Mahara Mobile for Android and iOS.
- Mahara 19.04 is now out of support and receives its last minor point update on 22 October 2020.
- Extended security support is available for those that can't upgrade directly.
- 20.10 is supported until April 2022.
Plans for Mahara 21.04
- Roadmap will be updated in time. Some changes aren't public yet
- Concrete changes that make it into the release can be tracked via the 21.04.0 milestone.
- Most likely to go into Mahara:
- Web services updates
- Other new features that are being scoped at the moment
- Submission management from University of Bremen
- Accessibility investigations into WCAG 2.1 continue.
Résumé block update
- On hiatus over the last few months but going to be picked up again.
- Note: Templates have changed in Mahara 20.10. There might be merge conflicts that the team in Wellington can resolve.
Any other business
If you'd like to submit an article for the newsletter, please sent it to [email protected] The deadline for the January 2021 issue will be right before Christmas. If you are interested in writing a case study, please let us know via [email protected]
Next meeting and chair
- Chair: Kristina Hoeppner
- Minute taker: Robert Lyon