Developer Area/Developer Meetings/Chair Duties
From Mahara Wiki
Before the meeting
- Hint: "watch" the agenda wiki page to receive email notifications when someone adds something to it
- 1 week before the meeting, send a reminder to the developer forum.
- 1 day before the meeting, send a reminder to the developer forum.
- The day of the meeting, pick the proposed date and time for the next meeting (to be discussed at the end of the meeting).
- Read the most important commands for meetbot in the manual. Know at least how to use
- #startmeeting: Use this at the beginning to start the bot recording and declare yourself the chair
- #topic : Introduce a new topic
- #idea : Used if someone introduces a new Mahara idea
- #info : Generic info you want to show up in the minutes
- #agreed : Use this to indicate when an agreement is reached
- #action : Use this when someone is assigned an action item
- #link : Use this to highlight a URL
- #undo : Undoes the last minute item, but only the chair can do this.
- In order to save typing time, have the text for the agenda topics as well as "Items from last meeting" prepared so that you just need to copy and paste them.
- The day of the meeting, make sure MeetBot is running
- Either run it yourself, or ask a developer to do it.
During the meeting
- Start by asking participants to state their name at the beginning of the meeting, preceeding it with #info. Those participants who say something in the meeting are listed at the bottom of the minutes, but others may not say anything, but are still present.
- If a participant writes something that should appear in the minutes, repeat / rephrase it either with #idea or #info depending on the context if he hasn't done so himself.
- If there are long silences, try to ask questions to elicit comments or state that you are moving on to the next topic.
After the meeting
- Upload the logs into the git repo and meetbot.mahara.org
- Add links to the Minutes and IRC Log on the Developer Meetings page.
- Create an entry for the next meeting on the same page along with an empty Agenda page.
- Announce the date (on the developer forum) for the next meeting (linking to the empty Agenda page, you may put a link to worldclock) and link to the minutes of the meeting that just ended.
- Deadline for agenda items. Anything not added gets pushed to the next meeting
- Have a future meeting agenda items page on the wiki (final row in the table) for items not going into the schedules meeting
- Developer Meeting Guidelines discussion on the forum.