From Mahara Wiki
< Developer AreaRevision as of 15:49, 2 June 2015 by Aaronw
Note: If you are looking for plugins to download, you can browse a list of them at http://wiki.mahara.org/Plugins
Mahara has a highly pluggable architecture. Currently, you can write plugins for authentication, content types (artefacts), blocks, notifications, search and more. In addition, you can theme Mahara, and also translate the UI to different languages.
- The Mahara Architecture Introduction series of articles gives you a general introduction to how Mahara is structured, and where plugins can go and what they can do.
- Plugin migration between Mahara 1.3 and 1.4 Notes to help upgrade or backport Mahara plugins
- Tutorial for creating a Mahara blocktype plugin
- Artefact plugin template by Angela Karl
If you want to include third-party code as a part of your plugin, please verify that that code is compatible with GPL v3, which is the license that the Mahara is licensed under.
You can verify license compatibility using the following references:
We used to maintain a "mahara-contrib" project in Gitorious and Launchpad, where we invited plugin developers to keep their projects. This fell into disuse circa 2010, and now we encourage plugin developers to host their project wherever they wish, and we'll link to it on our Plugins page.
- (Obsolete) Creating a new project