Developer Area/Release Instructions/Release Candidate
From Mahara Wiki
1. Create the new dev branch
Note: You only need to do this for the first' release candidate for each major version. If you need to do subsequent release candidates, put them on the same branch.
Create a new
_DEV branch based off of main.
git checkout main
git checkout -b 1.10_DEV
git push gerrit 1.10_DEV
If Gerrit won't let you push your new branch, you can instead create it through Gerrit.
- Go to reviews.mahara.org
- Click on 'Projects', the 'mahara' project, and then on the 'Branches' subtab.
- In the
Makefileof the new
mainwith the name of the branch. Commit and make push.
- Create an empty 'Changelog' file. Commit and make push.
- Update the release in
[whatever]rc1.Commit and make push.
2. Bump the version on master
- Go to the main branch and bump the version to
1.5.0dev(if you just created the
htdocs/lib/version.php(update series, release and version - version should be today's date)
- Commit and make push
3. Package the release
4. Creating the new language packs branch
You need to set up launchpad translations for the new branch. See the separate instructions on setting up a new translations branch.
5. Changelog and release notes
6. Update master.dev.mahara.org
7. Do not update the bug tracker
8. Do not update the demo site
The demo site should always be the last stable release. The RC is not a release yet.
- The mahara.org news forum
(Note that Freshmeat is missing.)
Sample news forum post for first release candidate
Subject: First release candidate for Mahara 1.10 available
We have just published the first release candidate for Mahara 1.10.
New features for the release candidate are listed on Launchpad with the "nominatedfeature" tag.
The 1.10 Release Managers
Sample forum post for second and/or final release candidate
Subject: Second release candidate for Mahara 1.4 available
New Features for the Release Candidate are listed on Launchpad with the newfeature tag:
If you haven't had a chance to test it out yet, please do so now and report any bugs on the tracker:
The 1.4 Release Managers