From Mahara Wiki
Revision as of 12:44, 18 April 2012 by Anitsirk
Mahara has language packs for several languages available, and more are being added all the time.
View translations and their progress
Take a look at the Mahara translation project on Launchpad, which shows how much of Mahara has been translated into each language. Only Czech is still maintained in an older format in the language repository on Gitorious.
Here are a few more links:
- Status of completeness for all languages for Mahara master including the last modified date
- Status of language pack completeness for Mahara 1.5, the latest stable release
Download language packs
You can download individual language packs in their corresponding Mahara version.
Note: Make sure you download the correct language pack for the Mahara version you are running. Downloading a different version from the version you are running will most likely result in you not seeing all strings translated.
Contributors to language packs
Current contributors to translations (year 2011 onwards) are tracked on Launchpad on the details page of each translations. Listed here are contributors who started working on the translations prior to that and may not be listed in Launchpad. That also means that there are also more language packs available now.
- Arabic: Muhammad Aljaber, Qayrwan.com
- Basque: Magari León, Abel Camacho, Pedro Lonbide, Joxemi Andonegi, Juan Ezeiza, Iñaki Arenaza
- Catalan: Joan Queralt, Albert Gasset
- Chinese (Traditional): CITE, Hong Kong University
- Czech: David Mudrak
- Danish: Henrik Vestergaard Simonsen, Lars Anderson, Aalborg University
- Dutch: Koen Roggermans, Patrick Zuidhof, Peter Wuyts, Bas Brandts
- English (US): Rich Trott
- Finnish: Antti Koskinen, Heli Karjalainen, Discendum Ltd
- French: Dominique-Alain Jan, Nicolas Martignoni
- German: Heinz Krettek
- Greek: Ioannis Katsenos, Nikos Hasiotis, Yannis Kaskamanidis
- Italian: Salvatore De Paolis
- Japanese: Mitsuhiro Yoshida
- Koeran: Jong-Dae Park
- Māori: Ian Cormack
- Norwegian: Guttorm Hveem
- Russian: Sveta Ilicheva
- Slovenian: Gregor Anželj
- Spanish: M C Garcia (aaricia), Jose Maria Perez, Antonio Piedras
Support groups (and documentations in other languages)
A number of speakers of a language have set up support groups on mahara.org to talk in their language. Please check them out. If you want to set up a new group for discussions in your language, please send us an email explaining your initiative, and we'll create the group for you.
- Mahara Euskaraz
- Comunitat catalana
- Mahara in het Nederlands
- Mahara en français et Documentation en français
- Deutschsprachiges Mahara
- Mahara Japanese and Mahara日本語ドキュメント
- Slovenska Mahara
- Comunidad Mahara en Español y Documentación en Español
Note: You can find the general Mahara user documentation at http://manual.mahara.org.
Note for translators: Wondering why your language isn't here, or the downloads are not all linked up? Please see this forum thread.
Planning to translate Mahara into your language? You can find more information on the language packs page.