From Mahara Wiki
Mahara has a very pluggable architecture, which allows people to add their own artefacts, blocks for views, methods for authentication and more. Mahara is a young project, but a few plugins are beginning to appear. Here is a list of them.
If you have a plugin that you'd like to contribute, we'd love to hear from you! Post on the Developers Forum with some information about it.
Please note: Plugins listed here are NOT subject to the same standards of review that the Mahara core is, and as such, may contain security issues or other problems. It's up to you to verify that the plugin will adequately suit your needs!
Mahara ships with plugins for profile information, a file repository, blogs and a resume builder. In addition, these plugins are available:
- Europass by Gregor Anželj - implements Europass into Mahara, allows showing Europass data in Views and exporting this data into several forms
- My Learning by Gregor Anželj - adds questionaires about learning styles and intelligences, with Flash-based visualisations that can be embedded in Views
- Problems & Conditions by Catalyst for Cambridge University School of Clinical Medicine - adds the ability for students to record case notes about medical conditions, and share them with others. A nice feature is a category browser that makes it easy for users to choose what conditions to associate with a given case note.
- My Reading by Jong-Dae Park - add comments on the books users read. The plugin was developed by modifying the code of blog artefact plugin developed by Catalyst and utilize web service from Korean online book company. The code need to be modified if users want to use webservice from the online book company in other countries. download
- My CPD by James Kerrigan and Geoff Rowland - adds a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) log to record details and total time spent on different CPD activities
- Web Services Web Services support for Mahara (REST, SOAP, & XML-RPC)
- Bookmark by Catalyst for Intel Education - Users can save links as Mahara artefacts. They are managed on a separate page under the My Portfolio menu, and can be selected for display in a block. Mahara 1.2 only. download
- GoogleApps by Gregor Anželj - allows for making Google Docs, Spreadsheets, Presentations, calendars and maps visible in a View.
- WindowsLive by Gregor Anželj - embeds documents, Hotmail calendar and Bing maps in a View.
- Embed.ly by Gregor Anželj - embeds tons of Web 2.0 stuff
- Facebook Like / Recommend and Twitter Tweet buttons by Gregor Anželj - adding Facebook and Twitter buttons to a Mahara page so that updates can be sent to these services
- FreeMind Flash by James Kerrigan and Geoff Rowland - adds an interactive Flash rendering of a FreeMind mind map to a Page (View).
- Jmol by James Kerrigan and Geoff Rowland - displays an interactive 3D chemical structure file rendered with Jmol in a Page (View).
- Jmol NIH by Geoff Rowland - uses the NIH NCI/CADD Chemical Identifier Resolver service to display an interactive 3D chemical structure rendered with Jmol in a Page (View).
- Chem 2D NIH by Geoff Rowland - uses the NIH NCI/CADD Chemical Identifier Resolver service to display an image of a 2D chemical structure in a Page (View).
- LinkedIn Member Profile by Gregor Anželj - embeding LinkedIn public Member Profile to a Mahara page
- LinkedIn Share button by Gregor Anželj - adding LinkedIn Share button to a Mahara page so that updates can be sent to this service
- Twitter by Florian Eder - embeds Twitters Tweets or Twitter Timeline
- Janrain Engage by LUNS Ltd. for Learning Arabia - provides a single sign on to Mahara using identity from the popular websites like Google, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo! and many others. It uses Janrain Engage (former RPX) service.
- Shibboleth by Laurent Opprecht- designed to work primarily for Shibboleth but should work as well with other web server based authentication schemes.
- LDAP group enrolment (File:Ldap enrol.php) by Amer Hamade allows you to get the users automatically added to the specified group on Mahara upon login.
- Radius authentication plugin by Stanislav Tsymbalov.
- CAS plugin by Patrick Pollet
Integration with other systems
- Blackboard/Mahara Integration A script written specifically for AUT University, which can be inserted into a building block to send usernames from Blackboard to Mahara. Some more information about how to use the script.
- Mahara assignment submission plugin for Moodle 2: submit portfolio pages to Moodle for feedback
- Sphinx search, by Antti Koskinen
Unless the plugin has an installation manual, to install the plugin, download it first, then decompress it in the appropriate plugin type directory. For example, if you download an artefact plugin, decompress it in the 'artefact' subdirectory. If you download a blocktype plugin, decompress it in the 'blocktype' subdirectory.