Difference between revisions of "Releases/1.0.8"
From Mahara Wiki
(Created page with "This is a stable release of Mahara 1.0 Alomohora. Stable releases are fit for general use. If you find a bug, please report it to the tracker:<br /><br />[https://eduforge.org/tr…")
Revision as of 14:45, 4 June 2019
This is a stable release of Mahara 1.0 Alomohora. Stable releases are fit for general use. If you find a bug, please report it to the tracker:
Please choose '1.0 stable branch' as the version of your bug.
This release includes an upgrade path from 0.9. If you wish to upgrade, we encourage you to make a copy of your 0.9 website and test the upgrade on it first, to minimise the effect of any potential unforseen problems.
Changes from 1.0.7:
- Fixed problem with emails not being sent introduced in 1.0.7.
- Made it much easier to install language packs. There is now a directory called 'langpacks' in dataroot for them.
Major points to note:
- You cannot upgrade from a version before 0.8 - instead, upgrade to 0.8 first
- If you're using MySQL, change your database type from 'mysql' to 'mysql5' in your config.php if you're upgrading from 0.8, or use mysql5 if you're installing from scratch. The old 'mysql' version is deprecated and will cause errors in Mahara in the future
- The default theme has changed, and the old myportfolio themes are gone. Do a hard reload in your browser (Ctrl+F5 or similar) if the theme looks busted after you put the 1.0 code into place.
This release includes:
- Lots of work on usability. In general, using Mahara should be reasonably simple and straight forward to people with a basic knowledge of computers and the internet.
- Devolved administration - each institution in the system can have their own administrators and staff members, leaving the site admin free to manage the overall running of the site.
- Group forums - groups can now have their own forums, in which all group members may post. The forums have moderators, closed/sticky topics, threaded replies and subscriptions.
- Social networking - It's much easier now to find friends and groups, and users' profile pages are greatly improved. All logged in users can see important information about themselves in a new sideblock.
- Heaps of other minor bug fixes and improvements, especially around such areas as database independence, browser support and packagability by distributions.
As mentioned before, when upgrading from 0.9, please attempt it on a copy of your site first, to test that you will enjoy a trouble-free upgrade.