Difference between revisions of "Releases/1.2.0beta1"
From Mahara Wiki
Revision as of 13:45, 4 June 2019
This is a beta release of Mahara 1.2. Things will be broken! However, we are now soliciting bug reports, should you find a bug. You can report bugs to the tracker:
Please choose 'HEAD/trunk' as the version of your bug.
The new themes and LEAP2A Import are still under development, so you should be aware that bug reports in these areas may be out of date before the next release.
NOTE: Themes have changed significantly in Mahara 1.2. Templates from 1.1.x or any earlier version of Mahara will not work.
YOU MUST REMOVE ALL OLD TEMPLATES FROM YOUR DOCROOT BEFORE INSTALLATION.
The easiest way to do this is to completely wipe all files apart from config.php before unzipping this release.
Upgrading to this release is possible from Mahara 1.0.0 or later. This does not mean that this should be done on a live website! Instead, make a copy of your database and dataroot, set up a new Mahara using them, and test upgrading on that.
Upgrading from this release to any future release will not be supported either, so please perform any testing you might want to make on either a new install of this release or a copy of your site.
Changes from 1.2.0alpha3:
- Reintroduce Aqua, Sunset, Fresh, Ultima themes from Paul Walker
- Configuration for wall post character limit
- Allow staff/admins to create standard groups with controlled membership
- Support for local site customisation of db upgrades, language strings, header menu
- Use small header with no navigation on view display page
- Upgrade HTMLPurifier to 4.0.0
- Support for self-signed SSL certs in xmlrpc calls
- Resume import/export
- Send forum emails in html and text
- Create one forum automatically when a group is created
- Create one blog automatically when a user is created
- Skip my blogs listing when user only has one blog
- Bug fixes