Difference between revisions of "Roadmap/Long-term roadmap"
From Mahara Wiki
(Created page with "The Mahara project team creates a general roadmap for each release. Some items from it may or may not be able to be accomplished during the time available as the project is on...")
m (Protected "Roadmap/Long-term roadmap" ([Edit=Allow only administrators] (indefinite) [Move=Allow only administrators] (indefinite)))
Latest revision as of 14:28, 31 December 2019
The Mahara project team creates a general roadmap for each release. Some items from it may or may not be able to be accomplished during the time available as the project is on a time-based release cycle.
There are a number of items on the long-term roadmap of the project that will be reviewed during the release planning and moved to specific releases as appropriate.
to simplify the user interface, keep up with the changing world of how people interact with web applications and thus expect from Mahara.
- Support for the accessibility standards WCAG 2.1 (WCAG 2.0 is already well-supported)
- Consolidation of block types to reduce their number and make choosing the proper block type easier
- Support portfolio creation workflows better
to make use of new libraries that are used and keep current with technology that is included. That also supports the usability of the site.
- Better support for cloud infrastructure, e.g. ObjectFS storage for Open Stack (AWS and Microsoft Azure are already supported)
- Support for LTI 1.3+
- Keeping up to date with third-party plugins
to offer tools to learners that they need to create the portfolios they want or are required to set up.
- SmartEvidence with rubrics and support for artefact alignment
- Align artefacts to SmartEvidence on Mahara Mobile
- Implement the Moodle assignment submission plugin for LTI
- OpenID Connect authentication support
- Check out the full list of wishlist items
- Keep the infrastructure and tools up to date and secure
- Move tracker items from Launchpad to Gitlab
- Investigate using Gitlab for peer review instead of Gerrit
- Make Docker images available for easier setup