User Guide/3 My Groups/Find Groups
From Mahara Wiki
The Mahara user manual moved to http://manual.mahara.org
Unless the Group in question is Invitation Only, you find and join Groups as follows:
- Log in and go to the homepage of your Mahara
- Click on Groups in the horizontal menu
- Now you're going to search for the Group. In the horizontal sub-menu for Groups, click on Find Groups
- In the Search box, enter the most distinctive keywords from the Group's name (e.g. British Library). N.b. Search is sensitive - use as few words as possible and don't use speech marks
- Run the search, and from the results click on the title of the Group you wish to join; this loads that Group's page.
- What you do next depends on how the Group has been configured to accept new members:
if it's an Open Membership Group, you will see a button to Join Group;
if it's a Request Membership Group, you will see a button to Click on Request To Join Group; you will receive an email when your request has been accepted.
- When you next access your Mahara homepage, you will see the link to that Group appearing in the Groups section there. All Groups in which you are a member can be viewed at the My Groups tab.