User Guide/2 My Portfolio/1 My Views/Copying Views (new v 1.1)
The Mahara user manual moved to http://manual.mahara.org
It is possible to allow a View to be copied by others. Copying a View duplicates layout and artefacts in their entirety, and that duplicate can then be edited, and optionally made allow copies in turn.
To allow copying of a View
To allow one of your own Views to be copied, select My Portfolio -> My Views -> Edit View access -> Allow copying. Repeat for each View for which you want to allow copying.
N.b. it is also possible to allow copying for Views created within Groups.
To copy a View
- If you want to copy a View to My Portfolio, select My Portfolio -> My Views. Alternatively, if you want to copy a View to one of your Groups, select Groups -> Views.
- Select the Copy A View button.
- Links to all the Views you are entitled to copy will load. If there are too many to browse, use Search.
- When you have found the View, select its adjacent Copy View button.
- The View creation wizard will come up to allow you edit the View's title, content and access.