Roadmap/Mahara 20.10 roadmap
From Mahara Wiki
For the release of Mahara 20.10, the October 2020 release, a number of features were identified to support the growth of Mahara. This list may be added to throughout the release cycle, and it will be updated once Mahara 20.10 has been released.
to simplify the user interface, keep up with the changing world of how people interact with web applications and thus expect from Mahara.
- Changes to the layout editor to fix large spaces between blocks
- 'Quick edit' option on text blocks
to offer tools to learners that they need to create the portfolios they want or are required to set up.
- New React Native Mahara Mobile app also for iOS
- An additional theme
- Mahara assignment submission plugin for Moodle support
- Better login redirect for external authentication methods
- Extend the portfolio submissions area to include a management tool for group administrators
to make use of new libraries that are used and keep current with technology that is included. That also supports the usability of the site.
- SmartEvidence code refactoring for easier maintainability
- Investigation into WCAG 2.1 to identify changes that are required
- More consolidations in CSS and making changes to support WCAG 2.1 requirements
See the release information
- Investigate the move from Launchpad to GitLab for wishlist and bug tracking
- Set up a 'library' of components to know what something means / is connected with