Roadmap/Mahara 20.10 roadmap
From Mahara Wiki
For the release of Mahara 20.10, the October 2020 release, a number of features were identified to support the growth of Mahara. This list may be added to throughout the release cycle, and it will be updated once Mahara 20.10 has been released.
to simplify the user interface, keep up with the changing world of how people interact with web applications and thus expect from Mahara.
- Changes to the layout editor to fix large spaces between blocks
- 'Quick edit' option on text blocks
- Better notifications for access to collections
- Remove WYSIWYG options for page description
- Add 'start' and 'end' date options to the default group page settings
to offer tools to learners that they need to create the portfolios they want or are required to set up.
- Portfolio completion progress page
- New React Native Mahara Mobile app also for iOS
- An additional theme
- Mahara assignment submission plugin for Moodle support
- Better login redirect for external authentication methods
- Lock page and artefact instructions
- Add monitoring module to keep a track of fails like cron / elasticsearch / ldap
- Give 3 options if new group name not unique
- Changing password when first logging in via SSO when internal login also available
to make use of new libraries that are used and keep current with technology that is includedor update existing technical components. That also supports the usability of the site.
- SmartEvidence code refactoring for easier maintainability
- Investigation into WCAG 2.1 to identify changes that are required
- More consolidations in CSS and making changes to support WCAG 2.1 requirements
- Ability to change old embedded urls into correct ones if the site changes domain name
- Allow redis function without needing sentinel
- Allow override of the HSTS setting if being set downstream
- Allow webservice wsdoc.php page to be public
- Allow mahara cli interface to accept multiple values for same flag
- Only SAML auth instance for metadata not active but can still see metadata choice on IdP discovery page
- Allow local custom profile fields also be accessible via webservices
See the release information
- Investigate the move from Launchpad to GitLab for wishlist and bug tracking