From Mahara Wiki
From Mahara 15.10 on
In Mahara 15.10, we moved to the Bootstrap framework. Therefore, old themes do not work anymore and will need to be redone entirely. If you updated a theme from the list above to work with 15.10+, please post it below as well.
Please check the codebase for each theme or ask in the forum topic for which versions of Mahara the theme is supported.
- Ambrose by iCampus21; code on Github), developed initially for Mahara 15.10
- Cerulean by iCampus21; code on Github), developed initially for Mahara 15.10
- Essential by iCampus21; code on Github, developed for Mahara 15.10
- Eyekea by iCampus21 for Mahara and Moodle; code on Github), developed initially for Mahara 15.10
- Print by EdICT Training; code on Github, developed for Mahara 16.04
Up to Mahara 15.04
Mahara ships with eight different themes. Additional themes can be developed and installed separately.
This is a list of themes that community members have contributed and that can be downloaded. Please note that not all themes will work with all versions of Mahara.
- Ambrose by icampus21.com (code at Github)
- Ambrosia for 1.6. Fluid-width theme for dyslexia support based on icampus21.com 'Ambrose'. (code at Github)
- Ambrosia for 1.8. Fluid-width theme for dyslexia support based on icampus21.com 'Ambrose'. (code at Github)
- Amelia by iCampus21 for 1.9 (code at Github)
- Auburn by iCampus 21; responsive theme for 1.9 (code on Github)
- Coffee by icampus21.com, 1.6/1.7 Download from Portfoliocommunities
- Cyborg for 1.9 (code at Github)
- Essential; This is a responsive theme for Mahara 1.8 by Julian (@moodleman) Ridden. Companion theme to the Essential Moodle theme
- Icons in footer theme pack: Navigational icons to often used parts of Mahara in the header or footer.
- Jungle shared by Dirk Meyer
- Left navigation: adapted version of the 'Raw' theme to switch the 2nd level navigation (sub-nav) to be presented in the left-column rather than as a horizontal row (code at https://github.com/ULCC/mahara-theme_raw_leftnav Github] and screenshots)
- McKenzie (Moodle and Mahara combo) by icampus21.com (code at Github)
- Orange: goes well with the similar Moodle theme (website)
- Purple by iCampus21; responsive theme for 1.9 (code on Github)
- Red: responsive theme for 1.7; shared by Dirk Meyer
- Red: responsive theme for 1.8; shared by Dirk Meyer
- Rockies inspired by Leeds City College Moodle; shared by Dirk Meyer
- Spacelab preview * Spacelab downloadclean, responsive theme for 1.8; shared by Dirk Meyer
- TDM Colour Wheel: The theme set has 8 colours: red, blue, green, silver, yellow, orange, blue, purple, and pink.
- Zebra: port of the Zebra theme for Moodle (code at Github)
Some more themes are available in the Mahara themes group on mahara.org: https://mahara.org/group/mahara-themes