From Mahara Wiki
< Proposals(Redirected from Developer Area/Specifications in Development/Forum Badges)
Forums badges was an idea raised by Thomas Bell to increase participation in Mahara.org forums. Initially with the idea of increasing the participation in the Mahara project as a whole, but as discussed in the June 2011 Developer Meeting would be an excellent feature for the Mahara core code too.
Possible forum badge names in mahara.org?:
- Core Developer - a member of the core dev team
- Code Contributor - someone who has contributed code
- Code Reviewer - privileged and voted gerrit code reviewer?
- Bug Squasher - maybe similar to contributor, someone who is noted for tracking and killing bugs (rent-to-kill :P)
- Mahara Partner -
- Documentation Worm - (getting silly now?) someone that is prized for creating much needed documentation in the wiki or elsewhere
- Mahara Guru - An acknowledged community brainiac, but not official partner/core developer/etc... Someone who answers lots of people's questions?
- Mahara Translator - someone who has committed / helped with translation packs?
- Community Moderator - Forum moderator
- Mahara Themer - pixelpusher who is noted for creating theme designs?
- Maharan - (possibly default for users)
Generic forum badge names for Mahara core?:
Similar feature in other forums:
- Ubuntu Community Forums - based on amount of posts, probably uses postcount milestones (perhaps not what I am suggesting here, although could be a small additional feature)
- Moodle forums -