From Mahara Wiki
Forums badges was an idea raised by Thomas Bell to increase participation in Mahara.org forums. Initially with the idea of increasing the participation in the Mahara project as a whole, but as discussed in the June 2011 Developer Meeting would be an excellent feature for the Mahara core code too.
Possible forum badge names in mahara.org?:
- Core Developer - a member of the core dev team
- Code Contributor - someone who has contributed code
- Code Reviewer - privileged and voted gerrit code reviewer?
- Bug Squasher - maybe similar to contributor, someone who is noted for tracking and killing bugs (rent-to-kill :P)
- Mahara Partner -
- Documentation Worm - (getting silly now?) someone that is prized for creating much needed documentation in the wiki or elsewhere
- Mahara Guru - An acknowledged community brainiac, but not official partner/core developer/etc... Someone who answers lots of people's questions?
- Mahara Translator - someone who has committed / helped with translation packs?
- Community Moderator - Forum moderator
- Mahara Themer - pixelpusher who is noted for creating theme designs?
- Maharan - (possibly default for users)
Generic forum badge names for Mahara core?:
Similar feature in other forums:
- Ubuntu Community Forums - based on amount of posts, probably uses postcount milestones (perhaps not what I am suggesting here, although could be a small additional feature)
- Moodle forums -