Developer Area/Developer Meetings/Chair Duties
From Mahara Wiki
< Developer Area | Developer MeetingsRevision as of 21:45, 31 August 2011 by Kabalin
Revision as of 21:45, 31 August 2011 by Kabalin
Before the meeting
- Hint: "watch" the agenda wiki page to receive email notifications when someone adds something to it
- 1 week before the meeting, send a reminder to the developer forum.
- 1 day before the meeting, send a reminder to the developer forum.
- The day of the meeting, pick the proposed date and time for the next meeting (to be discussed at the end of the meeting).
- Read the most important commands for meetbot in the manual. Know at least how to use #topic, #idea, #info, #agreed, #action, #link, #undo.
- In order to save typing time, have the text for the agenda topics as well as "Items from last meeting" prepared so that you just need to copy and paste them.
During the meeting
- Start by asking participants to state their name at the beginning of the meeting, preceeding it with #info. Those participants who say something in the meeting are listed at the bottom of the minutes, but others may not say anything, but are still present.
- If a participant writes something that should appear in the minutes, repeat / rephrase it either with #idea or #info depending on the context if he hasn't done so himself.
- If there are long silences, try to ask questions to elicit comments or state that you are moving on to the next topic.
After the meeting
- Add links to the Minutes and IRC Log on the Developer Meetings page.
- Create an entry for the next meeting on the same page along with an empty Agenda page.
- Announce the date (on the developer forum) for the next meeting (linking to the empty Agenda page) and link to the minutes of the meeting that just ended.
- Deadline for agenda items. Anything not added gets pushed to the next meeting
- Have a future meeting agenda items page on the wiki (final row in the table) for items not going into the schedules meeting
- Developer Meeting Guidelines discussion on the forum.