From Mahara Wiki
If you're looking to change your Mahara - whether by giving it a new look, translating it to another language, or adding new functionality, you've come to the right place! Here we have details about doing all of these operations.
- Themes - where to get new ones, and how to develop your own.
- Plugins - add new functionality to your Mahara.
- Language strings - for whether you want to change "Resume" to "CV"?, or translate the entire interface to German, Spanish, or any of the other language we have a language pack for.
- Help Files - for making local changes of help files content.
- Database - for doing database modifications or additions to the core schema in a structured way.
- /local - for miscellaneous customization hooks