Hi, I'm Aaron Wells. I've been a full-time web developer since 2004, working mostly in PHP, Java, and PL/SQL (crazy, huh?). I've been at Catalyst IT since 2010, working on Moodle and Totara. I joined our Mahara team as lead developer in early 2013.
Rewriting Mahara dev documentation
The Mahara wiki's developer documentation is kind of a mess. Eventually I want to clean it up and flesh it out. For now, I'm going to create pages here, under my wiki page, and when I have time perhaps I can incorporate them into a new cleanup.
Test new page
= API changes
- User:Aaronw/Hello World
- I wrote a forum post here that gives an outline of how the database works: https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=5515&offset=0&limit=10#post23753
- User:Aaronw/Language strings
- User:Aaronw/Config API
- User:Aaronw/Retrieving user input
- aka "What to use instead of $_GET and $_POST"
- User:Aaronw/Cron API
- User:Aaronw/Events API
- User:Aaronw/File uploads API
- User:Aaronw/Login form
- User:Aaronw/Mahara global variables
- $SESSION, $USER, $THEME, etc
- User:Aaronw/Mahara pagetop constants
- User:Aaronw/Notification Plugins & Activities
- User:Aaronw/Pagetop Constants
- User:Aaronw/Sideblocks API
- User:Aaronw/Site menus