From Mahara Wiki
|Overview||Finding your way around||Dev setup||Dev tools||Contributing|
|Join discussion||API Docs||Architecture||Useful Resources|
Here is a bunch of developer documentation for Mahara, including design, policy and specific feature documents.
This is for people who want to understand how Mahara works, or want to develop new code or plugins for Mahara. If you want to customise your Mahara - e.g. change the language/theme, or simply install plugins, check out the Customising section.
- Mahara development overview - explains how Mahara gets developed, who does it, and how people become Mahara developers
- Mahara Architecture Introduction - this series of articles explains how Mahara fits together, where it's pluggable and why it's written the way it is.
- Plugins - (soon to be) your one-stop-shop for information about developing plugins for Mahara
- Language Packs - how to write a language pack for Mahara, and how to contribute it back
- Wishlist - what documentation did you find missing and would like people to contribute?
- And if you just want the source code, it's available via git at
- Common issues
- PHP8 support: Info about support for PHP8 in different Linux distributions