Developer Area/Developer Meetings/49
Agenda for the 49th Mahara developer meeting on Tuesday, 1 December 2015, 8:00 UTC
The developer meetings are held on IRC in the #mahara-dev channel. An IRC bot will be used to take minutes of these meetings and agendas made available on these pages before-hand.
If you don't have an IRC client, you can join us using your web browser.
- Topics from previous meeting
- mingard to talk to the Catalyst front-end developers to see what their ideas are on SASS and JS
- aarowlaptop to improve options for selecting icon for blocktypes
- Should we add some mobile browsers to our list of "supported browsers"? --aaronw (talk) 12:38, 30 October 2015 (NZDT)
- And if so, which ones? (My basic suggestion: Latest Safari, Android Chrome, and maybe Android stock browser)
- Should we start including "build tools" in the release ZIP of Mahara? (i.e. the zip files on Launchpad) --aaronw (talk) 14:54, 19 November 2015 (NZDT)
- See https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/1517244
- In our release process we have always removed build & dev tools (the Makefile, the /test directory, and now the theme .scss files) from the release zip file that we make available for end users to download on Launchpad. However, we've had some users say they would like to have the .scss files in order to make it easier to customize the themes.
- For theme developers who want the build files but are not comfortable with git, a possible workaround is to download the auto-generated ZIP file from git.mahara.org. (Once I've removed the .gitattributes file that tells "git archive" to exclude the Makefile.)
- Time to examine again our "supported" database versions (Postgres 8.3 and MySQL 5.1)? --aaronw (talk) 17:13, 19 November 2015 (NZDT)
- See also https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/1517658
- Does anyone want to collate the data from here? http://distrowatch.com/search.php?pkg=postgresql&pkgver=8.3&distrorange=InAny#pkgsearch
- Deciding to go with an HTML5 media player - some options are collected (Kristina)
- Next meeting and chair
- Any other business
Here's the data from the last time we examined the supported MySQL versions:
Mysql version 5.1 has been packed in old major UNIX/LINUX distributions which support for servers. See the following table for more details (source: http://distrowatch.com/search.php?pkg=mysql&pkgver=5.1.#pkgsearch).
|1||Ubuntu||9.10 - 11.10||5.1.37 - 5.1.58|
|2||Debian GNU/Linux||squeeze (6.0)||5.1.49|
|3||CentOS||6.5 (current release)||5.1.71|
|4||Fedora||11 - 14||5.1.32 - 5.1.51|
|5||RedHat EL||6.5 (current release)||5.1.71 - 5.5.x|
|6||Open SUSE||11.2 - 11.4||5.1.36 - 5.1.53|
|7||Free BSD||8.0 - 8.2||5.1.39 - 5.1.55|
|8||Slackware||13.1 - 13.37||5.1.46 - 5.1.56|
|9||Open BSD||4.7 - 5.4||5.1.42 - 5.1.70|
MySQL 5.5 and 5.6 are going to be replaced by mariadb in many OS distribution, source: https://mariadb.com/kb/en/distributions-which-include-mariadb/